Top Ten Tips on Property Purchase
1. The devil is in the detail
- Check for manholes where you might want to extend
- Are the boundaries clearly defined – especially at the back
- Any extensions/conversions, attic/garage, widened driveway, porch, conservatory – if yes, tell your solicitor
- Any shared entrance
2. Making an offer
- Have you booking deposit available to pay over immediately your offer is accepted?
- Make sure you are loan approved. The Auctioneer is unlikely to accept your offer if you are not.
- Have the name of your Solicitor and the Architect who will do your survey. This will show the Auctioneer that you are well prepared.
3. Structural survey
- Written Report
- Avoid getting friends to do it!!
4. Loan approval
- You need it in writing before you sign a contract
5. Planning search
- Visit the local authority offices
6. Check the title map
- Does it conform with position on the ground.
7. If buying an Apartment make sure your Solicitor checks out all relevant information regarding the management company
8. Signing contracts – the point of no return
- Balance 10 per cent deposit
9. Before you complete, get ready
- Chase the bank
- Life cover
- Fire cover
- Direct debit form
- You will need your marriage certificate if married.
- You will also need to give your PPS numbers and proof of tax type to your Solicitor
10. After you complete
- Change the locks and the alarm code!
- Redirect your post
- Do your Wills!
For further information please contact any of our Solicitors for expert, professional and efficient advice and service on (01) 296 0666 or email@example.com.
What Our Clients Say
"I have dealt with Brendan Dillon and his team for the past 2 years. I consider myself very lucky to have someone like Brendan on my side. During this time he has explaine..."
"The staff were friendly and efficient and the solicitor with whom I dealt with made many helpful suggestions when drawing up my Will."
SIGN UP for Our Regular Ezine