7 Tips for seeking mediation
- Discuss benefits of mediation with other party:
- Cost savings
- Saves time
- Agreed outcome
- No appeal
2. Explore risks – Violence, anger, dominance
3. Decide on a mediator that is experienced and has a good reputation and check out costs and availability.
4. Try and agree the issues to be resolved at the outset.
5. Listen alot! Try and understand why other party has adopted the position he/she has taken.
6. Prepare for all meetings
7. Be prepared to compromise
If you have an interest in mediation and require more information on this process please contact Brendan Dillon on 2960666 who is an accredited Mediator.